Wedding bands are trending these days! It is indeed romantic to have a pair of wedding bands exchanged instead of the usual and common wedding rings. Wedding bands are rings which are sold in pair for couples. Most popularly, wedding bands made from gold are bought and this mainly includes white gold and yellow gold.
Yellow Gold has been popular since centuries whereas white gold has gained popularity since the last two decades. There are different qualities and types available for both of these metals and thus before selecting a one it is important to know about them and below given is the information on the same:
- The ideal gold which should be used for wedding bands is 18K or 14K gold. This is because the given karat composition gives the gold a unique royal shine and it is closest to the purest form of gold as well.
- Yellow gold is strong enough to fight chemical changes like contact with soap or other chemicals which otherwise react with metals and cause rusting. Hence, it is a good choice as you would definitely want to wear your wedding bands all the time.
- Yellow gold looks more rich and royal and hence if you really consider your wedding band as a status symbol too, you can choose to craft your bands with this type of gold.
- Yellow gold looks very beautiful on darker skin tones and looks less impressive on fairer skin tones too. It would be the best choice if you want your wedding bands crafted in a vintage inspired design.
- A major difference between white gold and yellow gold is that white gold is an alloy of gold and white metals like manganese or nickel.
- The purity of this gold is measured in Karats.
- If you want to get the look and feel of platinum for your wedding bands, white gold is a good choice as it is less expensive compared to platinum and looks almost like it.
- Cleaning and polishing white gold from time to time is necessary in order to maintain its shine if you wear it regularly.
- White gold can cause allergy to some skin types and hence it is necessary to consult a dermatologist before deciding on this precious metal.
- White gold would look the best on fair or rosy skin tones.
Thus knowing about white gold and yellow gold will help you to make a choice.