You have been dating this girl for almost 2 years now and you have finally made up your mind to put a ring on her finger before the Almighty and all the people you hold dear. All you need is the perfect ring that will sweep her off her feet and make her say ‘I do’.
But there is a slight problem with the money. You do not have a few thousand tucked away for that ring. So does that mean you will not be able to go forward with the wedding? Don’t worry… there are several ways to get the perfect ring without going broke.
- Visit the best showrooms in town and get a hang of the various types of rings there are. You will also learn about the prices and their makes. Talk to the concerned people to find out about the various types of rings in gold, white gold, platinum and the ones that have diamonds set in them. There are diamond rings that are reasonably priced and there are those that are exorbitantly priced. Find out what causes the price difference.
- Now that you have a fair idea about the rings, start searching online for the same types of rings. There are several online stores that offer the same types of rings at a much discounted rate.
- You can also visit some antique shops and try your luck. Many times there are several rings that look great but cost very little. These rings can be a great deal for you.
- If you know a jeweler, you can show him a picture of the type of ring you want so that he can duplicate the ring for you at a reduced amount.
- If you think your wife will cherish family heirlooms, you can give her your late mother’s wedding ring that has been passed on for the last three generations. These rings are priceless and have an old time charm attached to them that you cannot ever duplicate.
- Consider looking for financing. Although most jewelers offer their own financing, it might be a better idea to look for financing elsewhere. Local banks offer many different kinds of loans, some secured and some unsecured, for exactly this kind of purchase. For example, if you are a homeowner, then you might be in a position to open up a home equity line of credit to purchase the ring. If you get a loan from a bank, you will almost always get a better interest rate and be able to pay off the loan for a longer term.
- If all else fails, you can try and pull in a little goodwill by visiting the jeweler from whom you bought the engagement ring. If you believe that love can move mountains, then this is the time to test it. Narrate your love story and get a discount on your wedding ring.
Photo Credit By: newyorkerweddingrings.com