As the bride, it is your privilege and responsibility to choose the color and fabric for your bridesmaid’s dresses. The bridesmaid dresses should complement the bride’s gown, but it should also be comfortable for them and attractive-looking.
Here are some tips to help you find the perfect bridesmaid dresses for your wedding:
- Bring your bridesmaids along when you are shopping for textiles and styles. Get the opinion of each and every one of them, as you wouldn’t want them to be uncomfortable during your wedding. See what styles they like, and narrow it down to two or three choices. It would be unfair for you to choose bridesmaids dresses with out their consent or opinion, as some styles may be very uncomfortable or doesn’t fit well; one bridesmaid may be more top-heavy than the rest, so choosing a single style for all wouldn’t fit and look nice.
- Leaf through wedding magazines which have several styles of bridesmaid’s dresses to choose from. Magazines carry hundreds of styles, and if you have your mind set on one, you can bring this to a tailor or a designer. When browsing through magazines for bridesmaid’s dresses, it also helps to use post-its and notes to help you keep track of which ones you like.
- Consider the weather or the season when you are choosing bridesmaid’s dresses. For summer, heavy and warm materials aren’t suitable; short cocktail dresses and light fabric is better. For colder seasons, choose material that isn’t too heavy but helps to keep your bridesmaids warmer.
- Once you and your bridesmaids have found the right dresses, the next step is for you to get them all professionally measured. Remember that each designer or dress manufacturer will have their own size charts, so you may want to canvass with two designers who can provide some samples and choose the one that provides the best fit.
- Canvassing for the right designer can be confusing, but as long as you take the time to research and ask around for recommendations you’ll be fine. You can easily find manufacturers for bridesmaid dresses online, and bridal magazines may also have a directory of suppliers.
- As soon as you have decided on the bridesmaid dresses, it is best to begin ordering them to save some time. Manufacturers have different lead times in producing dresses, depending on how busy they are or how much staff they have. You wouldn’t want to waste time by worrying about when the dresses will finish, so ordering them right away is the best thing to do.
- The next task at hand is to shop for shoes to match the bridesmaid dresses. You can choose a style that is simple, and you will also want to take your bridesmaids with you to ensure that the shoes fit them well. If you are on a budget, you don’t have to spend much on the shoes because these will most likely only be worn once, but do ensure they are comfortable.