Brides, all over the world want to look their dream best on their wedding day with everything perfect, including a pair of classy shoes that goes with the ensemble. As per the traditional trend, brides used to wear those graceful stilettos to stand tall in the wedding.
However, in the recent years, this trend has changed, with a growing number of brides opting for the comfortable flats instead of the hefty heels. The comfortable wedding flats are popularized by many celebrities, who chose to wear fancy flats in their wedding ceremony.
- Wearing heels help you stand up erect and thus improves your overall posture in the wedding dress.
- When you wear a high heeled shoe, your legs will definitely look longer, which can give a more glamorous look.
- On the downside, it is very difficult to walk wearing a high heeled shoe, especially on uneven grounds. A wedding ceremony requires a lot of walking around and talking to people.
- More importantly, it is not possible to dance for a long time in high heels; so you will find it difficult in the wedding party to dance, unless you remove the shoes.
Pros and Cons of Wearing Flats
- A pair of flat shoes is most comfortable to walk around, without worrying about the ground or the blisters a high heel can cause.
- With a wide variety of fancy flats available in the market, it is easy to choose the one that will match your wedding ensemble. Moreover, these flats are more practical as they can be used later as well, compared to the embellished wedding heels.
- Many brides think that flats are more stylish and adds character to their wedding ensemble in an unpretentious way.
- On the downside, flats makes you do not look tall nor does it add any difference to your posture.
Choosing the right Shoe
Keeping all the advantages and disadvantages of both heels and flats in mind, nowadays many brides are opting for two pairs of wedding shoes for their special day; one pair of high heels for the wedding ceremony and a pair of flats for the wedding party. This way you can have the best of both worlds.
Whether you are opting for heels or flats, it is significant to try them before the ceremony, and practice walking in them. Moreover, it is important to choose the shoes which are appropriate for your wedding venue; a pair of heels for an urban venue, comfortable flats for a beach wedding and so on. Last but not the least, it is always best to choose a pair of shoes that is most comfortable for you to wear, on your special day.